Sunday, March 04, 2012

Protection

"Yet no one seized him because his time had not yet come." (John 8:20...and 7:30 and 7:44)
The people who hated Jesus had a few opportunities to catch him but as this verse (and several others like it) says, it wasn't time yet.
I have been reading John lately and these verses stuck out to me in light of my not-so-pleasent (yet not too terrible)-event one month ago.

I'm not going to go into all the details. I wasn't even going to post it because I didn't really tell people from back home (lets just say there are some people who really do not need another reason to dislike Honduras.)

The essence of my story is this:  It was the morning of our 6 month anniversary and someone tried to rob me while I was waiting outside for my bus to come in the morning.  I had everything with me, and the guy could have gotten away with a lot.  He tried to pull me up the street, away from the direction I had been walking.  The whole time I was praying that my bus would come (or my student's bodyguard, whom I often see driving to work on the same street).  But no one came.
There was no one around... and yet, all of a sudden, he saw something and ran away.  I, of course, ran in the opposite direction... towards whatever it was that scared him off.  There was nothing there.  No car had passed and nobody was walking by.  God saved me... it's that simple.  My time had not yet come.

No comments:

Post a Comment