Today, after working in my classroom (more on that later), and lunch with dad (he gave me a huge TV--!!!), and a trip to IKEA (needed something to put the TV on), I had the added surprise of three packages sitting in my mailbox.
|Thank you Caroline, Mal, and Mom!|
Let me tell you a bit about this girl, Caroline. She was my roommate my second year in Honduras, she writes a pretty amazing blog [ here ] , and she lives out the gospel--loving people and God--like no one I know.
Take a look at the States Survival Kit she made me, and you'll understand just how special she is.
|A Care package from my friend, Care.|
This is what she wrote:
States Survival Kit
- Party Snacks Recipes - I know it's hard, but press in to new community--your life depends on it! (So HOST PARTIES!)
- Heart Bracelets - for those moments you miss your hondy students and want to dress like them.
- Celebration Candles - notice these are NOT birthday candles. Find something to celebrate and then light these babies!
- Razzles - for you to smile when you're 30 :)
- Batman Roller Stamps - So you'll be a hit with new students.
- Thank You Cards - being grateful does wonders for your soul!
- Love Cards - to keep and give as reminders
Now, Stay Alive!
Thank you, Caroline!