Monday, August 27, 2007

One week down.

I thought that I could never love any kids like I loved my first class, but I'm realizing that I was wrong. I realized it on the first day of school. They are so darn sweet! And so far they have had wonderful behavior! Today was the start of the second week of school, but it was only my fourth day with my kids, since I took off Thursday and Friday to be in Jess's wedding in Lansing, Michigan. It was a whirlwind trip, and right now I am exhausted, sick, and without a suitcase...but it was worth it. I had a great time!
Now I must buckle down and get things done. This year is already feeling different. There are new teachers (and they're all great!). I have new roommates (and they're great, too!). But I'm not tutoring Alvaro anymore, and once I get this schoolyear under control, I feel like I'll have more time on my hands than I should. I am still wanting to find a place to serve in my free time... especially now that I am less stressed about the whole teaching thing. Pray that I can get involved somewhere!
Well, I would love to post pictures and update you some more, but it is time to grade and plan.
I miss everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:33 PM

    you're great!


    Im glad you like everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you're loving this year so very much. I hope you had a brilliant time in Michigan. I can't wait to see pictures from it all. Praying that God uses you in a mighty way with your students and also in the community. Stay blessed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara-- I love you and miss you so much. Everytime you have a new post I find myself so happy, especially when they are great ones like that...all except for the lost suitcase bit. Remind me to tell you about mine someday. I'm also glad you'll be able to go out and serve somewhere. I know it has been such a big blessing for me, and it actually makes for a better teacher I feel. Keep me posted on the updates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'e me kenzie!
    i am so glad to hear that you are loving your kids. Today was my official first day teaching ESOL and I love my kids too! They are the cutest things ever. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete